[Mongrel] Mass virtual hosting with mongrel

Kirk Haines wyhaines at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 14:51:38 EDT 2006

On 9/7/06, John Clayton <john at fivesquaresoftware.com> wrote:

> How can one host multiple domains with mongrel? Assuming you are mass
> vhosting and you also want the performance benefits of using mongrel ...

If I remember right, you are looking at a situtation where you have a
single application that will have a different look and feel applied,
depending on the domain it is being served to, right?

So couldn't you just set up your app to look at the SERVER_NAME and
choose the theme for the content appropriately?

Then you just setup your Apache vhosts and feel all the traffic into
the same mongrel cluster, and you don't have to do anything at all at
the Mongrel level, right?  You leave it to your app to be multidomain

What am I missing?

Kirk Haines