[Mongrel] Mass virtual hosting with mongrel

Jason A. Hoffman jason at joyent.com
Thu Sep 7 14:50:08 EDT 2006

What are you mass virtual hosting exactly?

And what I mean by this is that with one of our apps (the connector),
I can have either connector.jasonhoffman.org or jason.joyent.net pull
up my webmail, contacts, calendaring, files etc and that's distinct
from anyoneelse.joyent.net and they can have as many other domains
map to it as they want.

We do this all via stateless (in this context) mongrel processes,
anyone can hit any of them and get their stuff.

Or are you talking about the mass virtual hosting of many different
Rails or Ruby applications?

- J