[Mongrel] Running multiple clusters

Wayne Conrad wconrad at yagni.com
Wed Sep 6 15:13:53 EDT 2006

On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 04:28:38PM -0400, Jared Brown wrote:
> I want to run two or more clusters for my rails application so that I can do
> a seamless update and not suffer any downtime.
> But I don't understand how to setup two clusters since there is only one
> mongrel config file.
> How would I go about doing this?

See http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/mongrel_cluster.html

Read the section "ON BOOT INITIALIZATION SETUP".  You'll end up with a
/etc/mongrel_cluster directory containing one configuration file for
each cluster that you want started when the system boots.

Does that help?  Did I answer the question you were actually asking?
I hope so.

        Wayne Conrad