[Mongrel] Error on Windows and FreeBSD

Kris Leech kris at alternativefocusmedia.com
Wed Sep 6 09:42:47 EDT 2006

First off Windows, because actually what I appear to be getting is a
Rails error which only occurs when I use Mongrel, using Webrick I do not
get this error.
I start Mongrel using:
mongrel_rails start

I have mongrel, win32-services and mongrel-service gems installed even
through Im not using mongrel as a service at the moment.

The whole application works apart from one action. The error I get is:

  NoMethodError in SearchController#results

undefined method `table_name' for Stop:Class

|(__DELEGATION__):2:in `__send__'
(__DELEGATION__):2:in `table_name'
#{RAILS_ROOT}/app/models/search.rb:58:in `find_runs'
#{RAILS_ROOT}/app/models/search.rb:44:in `depature_runs'
#{RAILS_ROOT}/app/controllers/search_controller.rb:100:in `results'|

  So my results action gives an error for table_name! The Stop model is
  used by various other controllers just fine. In Console I can do
  Stop.find_all, so I dont see how this error is being generated,
  besides the application server, mongrel, webrick or other, should not
  have any effect once it palms the request off to dispatcher?

Many thanks AFM.

PS. The freeBSD error can wait for another time :)