[Mongrel] Tracing a HTTP request/response through a scaled server deployment

Kris Leech krisleech at interkonect.com
Wed Sep 6 04:21:17 EDT 2006

Would anybody be interested in tracing a HTTP request/response through a
typical Rails scaled server deployment?

I already posted something similar on the rails list but the post
appears to have disappeared...

I am happy to write it up if I can get help at certain stages, I
thinking something like this while might not particualy help people on
this this list, since you are most likely familiar with deployment, but
it would be useful to the Rails community in general since deployment is
the bottleneck for Rails (IMHO). I think a lot of people are not used to
dealing with HTTP, proxies etc. once it gets beyond a simple webrick

I would like to cover the web server (+ virtual hosts), proxy and the
application servers and dispatcher. Anything else that I should add?

Thanks, K.