[Mongrel] Mongrel Tuneup Guide: Questions

Jacob Atzen jacob at jacobatzen.dk
Tue Sep 5 13:58:32 EDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 07:00:25PM +0530, Vishnu Gopal wrote:
> Right, so I guess my  "rails measurement is horribly slow". The thing
> is, I've worked on the /index page a lot. I've implemented memcached,
> so db queries are basically minimal, and so the bottlneck basically is
> like this:
> The index page doesn't have any components, just 1 partial (called 2 times).
> logs (in debug mode) look like this (for /index):
> Completed in 0.21839 (4 reqs/sec) | Rendering: 0.16793 (76%) | DB: 0.02759 (12%)
> What do I do to optimize this situation? Think I'm missing something here...

What does your logfiles tell you about the rendering of parts of your
index page? Are you using fragment caching or index caching or page
caching? I would assume your index page could be page cached and served
directly from Apache or whatever frontend you're using for mongrel.

Not sure why you're seeing so long render times though. Perhaps your
logs can reveal more.

- Jacob Atzen