[Mongrel] [ANN] Documentation Day!

Jared Brown jaredbrown at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 18:50:31 EDT 2006

Maybe make a mention about using the mysql gem for Ruby, I noticed that
right now you only have the edit to the environment.rb file up there.

Also I have found this page to be infinately valuable, maybe it would be
cool to through a link up for the various deployment configurations and put
this one as the link for Apache 2.2.2 / Mod Proxy Balancer / Mongrel Cluster
http://blog.codahale.com/2006/06/19/time-for-a-grown-up-server-rails-mongrel-apache-capistrano-and-you/
(not my site btw)

On 9/3/06, hemant <gethemant at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Zed.
>

> On 9/3/06, Zed Shaw <zedshaw at zedshaw.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'm spending today writing documentation.  I'll be updating quite a few
> > documents, doing some edits, and adding some user contributed docs.  If
> > anyone has documentation suggestions, FAQ questions they'd like
> > included, or things they think are old and stale, then let me know.
> >
> > Swing by the Lingr room:
> >
> > http://www.lingr.com/room/3yXhqKbfPy8
> >
> > And drop me a line if you want to contribute something as well.
> >
> > Documents in the queue for editing today are:
> >
> > * FAQ -- Gonna clean out some old stuff and add a bunch of common
> > questions (suggestions welcome).
> > * FASQ -- I think I need to include some stupid questions people ask as
> > well. :-)
> > * Debian -- Finally got Chris McGrath's debian documentation up.
> > http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/debian-sarge.html
> > * Apache -- Philip Hallstrom donate some initial Apache documentation
> > too.   http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/apache.html
> > * Adoptions -- I'm gonna add in success stories I haven't put in yet,
> > and if anyone has some more let me know.
> > * Mongrels -- Got a few new dogs and owners to put on.
> >
> > And that should get things going for the 0.3.13.4 release.  If I can
> > find time then I'll update the plugins documentation to show how to
> > write handlers and such.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > --
> > Zed A. Shaw