[Mongrel] Recommentation: Sessions and PStore

Jan Svitok jan.svitok at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 18:11:22 EDT 2006

On 9/3/06, Paul Butcher <paul at paulbutcher.com> wrote:
> Please forgive the stupid question, but how does one tell whether one is
> using the mysql compiled gem or not? I've installed it, apparently
> successfully, but I'd feel happier if I could be certain that Rails was
> using it...

General procedure without really knowing too much about the drivers ;-) : either
- try running coverage, to see which of them gets executed (probably
too slow, too much work)
- look at both versions to spot some differences in e.g. private
method names and check it in your code.
- try induce some exception in the mysql code and check the stack trace.
- examine caller() inside a block called from some mysql stuff
- the easiest one: look for some VERSION constant or similar thing.