[Mongrel] How many mongrel servers should I run in my cluster?

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Sun Sep 3 13:53:59 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-03 at 13:40 -0400, Jared Brown wrote:
> The company I work for is launching a new web site tomorrow.
> News of our launch will be published in major publications throughout
> the week so I want to make sure we are prepared for the load.

Freshly minted docs on that very subject:

And you get a FAQ question too.

Let me know how that works for you.

BTW, waiting until the day before your deployment to set things up is a
really bad idea.  You usually want to be doing this quite frequently and
practicing doing it from scratch for at least a week before your real

Zed A. Shaw