[Mongrel] Recommentation: Sessions and PStore

Kirk Haines wyhaines at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 13:48:43 EDT 2006

> Theorize all you want, but all I know is, use Mutex, process gets
> killed, use Sync, process stays up.  Can't argue with the evidence.

Sure I can.  Your conclusion about Mutex is like the conclusion once
drawn about the sun.  It comes up in the east and goes down in the
west, so the evidence clearly shows that the sun rotates around the
earth, right?

There is nothing wrong with Mutex.  It's an incredibly simple piece of
code and can quite clearly be demonstrated not to leak.

I'm not arguing with the fact that for some users simply swapping Sync
in place of Mutex appears to clear a problem.  I'm just arguing with
your conclusion that this is because Mutex is broken or because Ruby
is leaking memory when it is used.

Kirk Haines