[Mongrel] Moving page_cache_directory

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Tue Oct 31 11:26:21 EST 2006

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:55:13 -0500
"Russell Norris" <rsl at swimcommunity.org> wrote:

> Howdy. I'm working on a RoR CMS and need cached pages to all be in
> public/cache rather than public [in order to set svn:ignore on all the files
> properly]. I can get page_cache_directory set correctly and the pages are
> cached in the right place but Mongrel isn't serving them because it's only
> looking for them in public. During development I know I can set -r
> public/cache but doing that means that the images and stylesheets don't get
> picked up. I'm sure there's a way to tell Mongrel to look in both places or
> at least to serve assets from public and cached pages from public/cache.
> Isn't there?

I believe there was a patch for this and that I applied it to the current pre-release.  I'm super busy today, but I'll be spending some time later in the afternoon on Mongrel.

I'll sit down and figure out how to dynamically determine this from the Rails configuration if I haven't done that already.

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://safari.oreilly.com/0321483502 -- The Mongrel Book
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/