[Mongrel] Application 500 Errors

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Mon Oct 30 15:58:22 EST 2006

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 10:02:29 -0500
"Jared Brown" <mongrelmail at gmail.com> wrote:

> Configuration:
>
> (2) Dual Core Opterons
> 8GB RAM
> Apache used to balance 40 mongrel instances
>
> We receive Application 500 Errors. Nothing suspect appears in the log, so we
> are at a lost as to what to do next.
>
> Any advice would be welcome and/or an explanation of what types of things
> cause Application 500 Errors in mongrel.

Jared, you write software right?  What would you do if someone came running into your office babbling about some kind of bug, but couldn't tell you important information you needed to know to fix the bug?

As a programmer I expect other programmers to treat me as they want to be treated.  If you ask a question on the list also report: the versions of your software, how you're using it, if you're doing anything odd, operating systems used, etc.

C'mon, you know how to do this right.

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://safari.oreilly.com/0321483502 -- The Mongrel Book
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/