[Mongrel] rails app breaks after pg restart

Jeroen Houben jeroen at supercool.nl
Wed Oct 25 02:27:34 EDT 2006

Hi,

Disclaimer: I'm pretty sure this isn't a mongrel issue, as I'm pretty
sure I had the same problem back in the lighty-fastcgi days..

After a postgres restart, my rails apps crash with this error:

ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid (PGError: FATAL:  terminating connection
due to a
dministrator command
         before or while processing the request.
: SELECT count(*) AS count_all FROM matches ):

Strange thing is, after a do a page refresh everything works again. It's
like the connections are re-established and all is well. But I have to
do it for each application that is running, really annoying.. Does
anybody know what is going on here?

Jeroen