[Mongrel] [ADV] "Mongrel: Serving, Deploying, and Extending Your Ruby Applications" BOOK

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Tue Oct 24 21:50:23 EDT 2006

Time for some all time pimpage folks.

Me and Matt Pelletier wrote a small PDF book on Mongrel entitled: "Mongrel: Serving, Deploying, and Extending Your Ruby Applications" since we really wanted you to know what it was about.  It's published by Addison Wesley Professional, has just over 100 pages of goodness, and is available for $14.99 at:

The book covers all the major topics related to Mongrel, but does it in a quick fast way so you can get the idea, get a working setup going, and then do more research for advanced stuff.

We also tried to make it funny as hell.  I'm sure many people will love it, and a few will hate it for this reason. :-)

A main thing this book covers is how to write your own Mongrel handlers, but it also goes over security, deployment, how Mongrel works, and many other topics.

Let me know what you think of the book if you buy it.

Thanks for your time!

http://safari.oreilly.com/0321483502 -- The Mongrel Book