[Mongrel] [ANN] Change In Versioning Policy

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Tue Oct 24 21:43:03 EDT 2006

I'm going to make a change to how Mongrel is versioned to help out folks packaging it and tracking it as a pre-release.  Previously I just did whatever was simplest, but now I'm going to do a slightly different approach.  This is open for comment and suggestions.

Here's the new rules:

1) There are only official and pre-releases.  This doesn't change.
2) The version number is only 3 digits:  X.Y.Z
3) The pre-releases will change the Z number for each release.
4) The official releases will change the Y number and reset the Z number to 0.

This will break everyone's fantasy of having a 0.4 (it might be 0.948585 :-), but it'll make it easier to track in the future.

Additionally, I'll start doing a svn tag for each pre-release and official release.

Thanks a bunch.

http://safari.oreilly.com/0321483502 -- The Mongrel Book