[Mongrel] Apache/Mongrel Question

Marc Love Marc.Love at herbank.com
Fri Oct 20 20:48:27 EDT 2006

I don't understand why Apache would find something when I'm accessing it on the localhost but wouldn't find something when I'm accessing it from a remote computer.

I'm using mod_proxy_balancer, so Apache is passing off the requests to the mongrel_cluster, right? Regardless of where the request is coming from.  So why would I get a Rails error message on the localhost, but an Apache error on a remote host?

>>> "Joey Geiger" <jgeiger at gmail.com> 10/20/2006 5:18 PM >>>
You're getting this error because apache isn't finding anything on the
other end of the proxy.

For example, if you're doing:

ProxyPass / 127.0.0.1:3000/

127.0.0.1:3000 isn't responding, so apache can't pass the request off.