[Mongrel] Apache/Mongrel Question

Marc Love Marc.Love at herbank.com
Fri Oct 20 19:20:35 EDT 2006

I'm setting up a new server in anticipation of switching from lighttpd+fcgi.  My application isn't completely imported yet, so I don't expect it to work.  For instance right now when pulling up my app from localhost I get my Ruby/Rails MySQL error message.  But when I pull it up from a remote computer I get a proxy error from Apache:

Proxy Error

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /.

Additionally, a 502 Bad Gateway error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Is there a reason why I get this instead of the Ruby/Rails error?

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.
Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of it from your system.
The sender accepts no responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any).
No contracts may be concluded on behalf of the sender by means of email communications unless expressly stated to the contrary.