[Mongrel] Win32 release coming?

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Thu Oct 19 04:35:15 EDT 2006

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 02:20:58 -0300
"Luis Lavena" <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/19/06, Zed A. Shaw <zedshaw at zedshaw.com> wrote:

> > > Yes, it's a production environment (single user, embedded system). In
> > > that case I'll hold of a bit. Can I help you in testing?
> >
> > I got some stuff I planned on working on during rubyconf with the important people who can help.  I'll push out a 0.14 release at that time that has all the stuff.
> >

> Guess I'm not one of the *important ones*, nor one at RubyConf :-P
>
> Out of luck :-(
>
> Zed, drop me a line on these topics, could you? Thanks.

Hehe, no you're important.  Actually I was gonna get with you about making you responsible for building the win32 gems.

The main things I want to talk with "important people" is:

1) "Universal Binary Gems"  (unlikely)
2) Why Ruby threads in services sucks so bad.  I'll literally pin someone to the deck and make them look at the code.
3) Why Ruby is soooooooooooooo slow on win32.
4) Why the hell can't I use rsync on rubyforge.  Man it is really annoying.
5) There's about 5 or 6 people who have apps with really weird problems (unrelated to win32) that I hope to meet and go through their code in person (free consulting!).

That's all :-)

Any other requests while I'm there (from anyone)?

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/