[Mongrel] Typo in Apache docs causing MSIE problems?

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Thu Oct 19 04:15:24 EDT 2006

Someone contacted me earlier today and pointed out this typo in the mongrel apache documentation:

"the following line:
BrowserMatch bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html

must be written instead as:
BrowserMatch \bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html

The effect of this typo is that files that are not caught by previously listed rules, such as all *.css and *.js files are never deflated for MSIE users - I was just testing my site with different browsers and stumbled onto this issue."

Could this be the cause of some folk's problems with MSIE and Apache?