[Mongrel] Segmentation bug - file_column?

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Thu Oct 19 04:11:37 EDT 2006

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:20:59 -0500
Cameron Booth <cameron at theworkinggroup.ca> wrote:

> Hi there everybody,
>
> We're having mongrel processes slowly die on us, with a segmentation
> fault. I've seen a few other people mention similar issues. Any info
> or suggestions would be nice:

<snip>

> Do you think the problem is in file_column somewhere? The line it
> mentions is where it is calling ImageMagick:

Looks like a bug in ImageMagick that's probably made worse by something Mongrel does (threads or IO possibly).  I'd suggest that if you can't keep it running solid then hook up a monit process on the mongrel machine(s) to keep them going.  There's a monit sample in the mongrel gem's source under examples you can use as a start.

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/