[Mongrel] Segmentation bug - file_column?

Cameron Booth cameron at theworkinggroup.ca
Wed Oct 18 17:20:59 EDT 2006

Hi there everybody,

We're having mongrel processes slowly die on us, with a segmentation
fault. I've seen a few other people mention similar issues. Any info
or suggestions would be nice:

lib/magick_file_column.rb:7: [BUG] Segmentation fault
	ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i386-linux]

	Railsmachine.com standard setup, I think it's CentOS.

I just updated _yesterday_ to, before that I was on
but I wasn't getting this error. I was instead getting the very
occasional mongrel going way out of control and taking over enough
memory to force a hard reboot to get back to it. (which is why I

Do you think the problem is in file_column somewhere? The line it
mentions is where it is calling ImageMagick:

     def transform_with_magick
       if needs_transform?
           img = ::Magick::Image::read(absolute_path).first    <--
This is line 7

Thanks in advance for any ideas!!