[Mongrel] [ANN] Merb, Mongrel+Erb

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 21:09:03 EDT 2006

On Oct 17, 2006, at 5:22 PM, carmen wrote:

>> 	Merb is a pet project of mine but was born out of real life need. I
>> am using it in combination with rails apps that need a lot of file
>> uploads or need to serve some dynamic pages faster then rails will
>> allow. Right now Merb performs very well for a dynamic ruby framework
>> thanks to mongrel being very fast when it doesn't have the Rails
>> Albatross ™ on its back
> did you find performance issues with camping? this sounds quite
> similar. but i will check it out anywyas (praobly won't port my
> apps from camping to merb, unless it has some cool advantages like
> built in DRb for automatic-scaling and nice background-proces
> integration

	Nope I love camping, its great! But I have actually wanted my own
framework for a little while now. So when I had a need for the file
uploads I started out to just write myself a simple mongrel handler
for doing uploads. But then it became fun and I continued on. Now its
really starting to shape up. I love camping but I wanted things my
own way so I built it.

-- Ezra Zygmuntowicz
-- Lead Rails Evangelist
-- ez at engineyard.com