[Mongrel] Mongrel can't handle some URLs that IE6 sends

Rick Olson technoweenie at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 15:02:29 EDT 2006

On 10/15/06, philippe lachaise <philippe.lachaise at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> You could probably write a mongrel handler to cuddle with the params.
>
> Aren't people likely to blame it on Mongrel, even if it is most unfair ?
>
> The usual conclusion is "this server can't handle that".
>
> My gut feeling is that a web server should handle gracefully ill-behaved
> clients or complain explicitely.
>
> (But, since I'm not the one who can write the code, take my remark as a mere
> whisper ;-)

That's up to Zed I guess.  But, a plugin serves many purposes:

- lets you get on with your life since you don't have to wait for a new release
- lets others on older versions of mongrel easily upgrade
- provides Zed with working code (hopefully) being used in production.
 i'm sure that says a lot more than a feature request.

As much as I dislike the notion, I too think Mongrel should handle this stuff.

--
Rick Olson
http://weblog.techno-weenie.net