[Mongrel] Mongrel HTTP Header Problem

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Thu Oct 12 10:13:03 EDT 2006

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:18:37 +0100
"Michael Parkin" <michaelparkin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Zed,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I'm new to Ruby, Mongrel, Rails, etc. So please
> bear with me...
>
> On 10/12/06, Zed A. Shaw <zedshaw at zedshaw.com> wrote:
>
> > You have some need to send the client's certificate in a bizarre header?  Ok, before I go about answer your question you should probably explain what it is you're trying to do with this.  There might be a simpler way.
>
> Actually, no - I don't have any use for this header that Pound sends
> Mongrel. But, AFAIK there's no way to remove it from the headers Pound
> sends (ok, I could go in an hack Pound's source, but I want to have
> standard code on my boxes...)

No, there's gotta be a way to turn that off.  If pound always sent this then people using pound would have yelled at me sooner.  I'd have noticed it too since I test under pound.  You've got a config telling pound to do this.

> Thanks for the USR1 tip: when I turn on USR1 I get the output at the
> bottom of the email. Is it the \r\n\t's in the "X-SSL-certificate"
> header that's the problem here?

Ok, I can put this in a test as a raw send.  Thanks I'll let you know when I toss this fix in.

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/