[Mongrel] Site statistics

Charles Brian Quinn me at seebq.com
Fri Oct 6 09:26:01 EDT 2006

We're using stats fine, too, this is an apache configuration --
bypassing mongrel altogether:

Just toss this somewhere apache will pickup, and put in a dns entry
for webstats.domain.com to your main web box.

  <VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName webstats.domain.com
    ServerAdmin webmaster at domain.com
    DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/webalizer"

    ErrorLog /usr/local/apache2/logs/webstats.domain.com-error_log
    CustomLog /usr/local/apache2/logs/webstats.domain.com-access-combined.log
combined

    <Directory "/var/www/html/webalizer">
      Options FollowSymLinks
      AllowOverride None
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
    </Directory>

  </VirtualHost>

On 10/6/06, Jens Kraemer <kraemer at webit.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 05:34:53PM -0600, andrew wrote:
> > Hey,
> > I was wondering what everyone else does in regards to getting
> > webalizer or other site statistics software to work with mongrel.
> > I currently have a mongrel cluster running behind apache 2.2
> > with proxy_mod_balancer, but I"m finding that webalizer isn't
> > too thrilled with that mod.
>
> I don't know about webalizer, but I have several Apache/Mongrel sites
> with awstats statistics. I just configure Apache logging as usual,
> without anything mongrel specific.
>
> What's your exact problem ?
>
> Jens
>
> --
> webit! Gesellschaft für neue Medien mbH          www.webit.de
> Dipl.-Wirtschaftsingenieur Jens Krämer       kraemer at webit.de
> Schnorrstraße 76                         Tel +49 351 46766  0
> D-01069 Dresden                          Fax +49 351 46766 66

Charles Brian Quinn
self-promotion: www.seebq.com
highgroove studios: www.highgroove.com
slingshot hosting: www.slingshothosting.com