[Mongrel] [Slightly OT] Do you use virtualization in production ?

Thibaut Barrère thibaut.barrere at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 07:40:41 EDT 2006

I've been using parallels, vmware player, or virtual pc (did not try xen
yet) for development, testing and experimenting with new platforms (and I
must say I love them - copy paste a few files, and I have a clean deployment
box etc)

Since the RailsConf and various talks I've seen (like Jason Hoffmann's
http://svn.joyent.com/public/JasonHoffman-EuroRailsConf.pdf , or James
Duncan Davidson), I'm willing to apply the benefits to production.

is there anyone here actually using virtualization techniques in production
? (even for single machine setups?)

any feedback would be most welcome!