[Mongrel] Mongrel 0.3.18, rails 1.1.6 and cookies

Joey Geiger jgeiger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 20:14:17 EST 2006

I've run into an issue with my rails application being unable to
properly set cookies on Mongrel  0.3.18. If I run the simplified code
below in Mongrel 3.14.4, both cookies are properly sent to and saved
by the browser. With the same code in 0.3.18, only the auth_token
cookie is created (if I switch them, only the userid as it will only
properly create the first cookie in the list.)

I'm at home right now, but when I get back into work tomorrow, I'll
try to install 0.3.15 and see if the problem exists there as well.

def login
 cookies[:auth_token] = { :value => "auth", :expires => 10.years.from_now.utc }
 cookies[:userid] = { :value => "100", :expires => 10.years.from_now.utc }