[Mongrel] mongrel served from a subdirectory

Michael Fairchild rmdf at stimble.net
Thu Nov 30 18:39:23 EST 2006

  I have setup mongrel successfully a few times now, but, each time I have
used apaceh 2.2 and mod_proxy setup descibed on the mongrel site.
However, I need to set up another app in a subdomain.  example.com/docserver
instead of docserver.example.com.
I have tried just adding  I have something like:

     ProxyPass /docserver/ http://example.com:3001/
     ProxyPassReverse /docserver/ http://example.com:3001
     ProxyPreserveHost on

The problem seems to be two fold.  First, the css, image and javascript
links, are all broken.  Second all the generated links are to
/controller/action instead of to docserver/controller/action.

I tried putting RAILS_RELATIVE_URL_ROOT="/docserver/" in enviornment.rb, but
that didn't help.

any ideas?
Michael Fairchild