[Mongrel] Sharing Mongrel Log Files on SAN Storage

Steven Hansen runner at berkeley.edu
Thu Nov 30 13:36:47 EST 2006

My department has a SAN and I'm wondering if it is safe to have all of
my mongrel's share log files stored on the SAN.

More specifically, we have 4 machines, each running a couple of mongrel
processes.  Right now each machine has its own set of log files for
mongrel.  However, I am thinking that it might be better to put the log
files on the SAN and let all the mongrels on all the different machines
share 1 set of log files.  I'd be interested to gets some feedback from
other mongrelians on whether this is a good idea or a bad idea and why.