[Mongrel] Mongrel as Win32 service for a camping app?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 01:22:49 EST 2006

On 11/29/06, Kirk Haines <wyhaines at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/29/06, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Because every framework "start" quite different from how rails start
> > things up. Mongrel should implement a way to auto-sense based on the
> > params and the directory structure which framework should it load.
> >
> > Will be excellent to have that, but is a huge task and the frameworks
> > (camping, rails, IOWA, merb) differ a lot.
>
> In the case of IOWA, it's really IOWA that is in charge, not Mongrel.

As I have said: each framework implement/use Mongrel in different ways.

> The IOWA app takes care of setting up the configuration for Mongrel,
> and then registers the Iowa::MongrelHandler with Mongrel.  It then
> starts the Mongrel event loop via:

>       @mongrel.run
>       @mongrel_thread = @mongrel.acceptor
>       @mongrel_thread.join
>
> It's very similar to the way Nitro works with Mongrel, as well.

IOWA, Nitro and Camping could be implemented as "/frameworks"
registered in mongrel.

then "mongrel" script validate which is the directory you're trying to
run mongrel in and call the framework configurator.

Just and idea, maybe that could be implemented in the future.

--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems