[Mongrel] Uploading Large (100mb+) files

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Tue Nov 28 15:39:14 EST 2006

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 14:20:00 -0600 (CST)
Philip Hallstrom <mongrel at philip.pjkh.com> wrote:

> > If you use something like mongrel_upload_progress, the single-threadedness
> > of Rails is no problem because Mongrel will intercept the upload and not
> > hand it off to Rails until it's complete. That's what I'm doing at the
> > moment, and my app runs just fine on one Mongrel.
>
> I haven't used this plugin, but just gave it a quick read through... one
> thing I didn't see mentioned... can I skip the upload progress stuff and
> just get the benefits of it not blocking mongrel/rails?

Yep, actually that's an incredibly trivial thing to do.  You'd probably be better off just starting with a small handler that moved the files where you wanted after the upload, and then expand it to your needs.

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/