[Mongrel] Uploading Large (100mb+) files

cremes.devlist at mac.com cremes.devlist at mac.com
Tue Nov 28 15:17:37 EST 2006

On Nov 28, 2006, at 1:26 PM, Rogelio Samour wrote:

> I would like to combine what you guys are suggesting. Namely, have
> a merb app (mongrel) dealio... be the sole file uploader listener.
> I understand the ReWrite rules and ProxyPass magic. However, this
> poses a new question: how would I go about downloading these
> uploaded files? I'm assuming I would want this mongrel node to also
> be a file server, correct?
> My only experience with setting up mongrel is through
> mongrel_rails. cremes: are you saying this upload-only mongrel is
> it's own setup?  if so,  is there docs on setting up something like
> this?

Well, there aren't any specific docs explaining how to do this
configuration. There are docs for setting up a standalone Mongrel.
Then there are other docs which show how to create a mongrel cluster
and proxy it with Apache. Just combine the two techniques and you're
done. It really is as simple as it sounds.

If you have specific problems that you need the group's help to
overcome, post here and we'll try.