[Mongrel] Uploading Large (100mb+) files

Rogelio J. Samour rogelio.samour at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 12:40:20 EST 2006

I have an Apache 2.2.3 (mod_proxy_balancer) frontend server that does
not have mongrel installed. It does proxy requests to several other
mongrel-only servers (each running 2 mongrel processes). Each mongrel
node has the same rails code-base and it's working perfectly.

However, my question is when I add an upload file form... where is it
going to physically put that file? I mean since it's hitting either one
node or the other, so how does mongrel deal with that? and how or where
do I tell it to accept large files (100mb+) ?

I have read on having an upload-only mongrel process, but again how will
all the other mongrels know to post the file to it or to a specific
folder somewhere? Direction on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your help on this. I searched the forum and didn't find
anything specifically dealing with this. I have also checked the mongrel
docs and most of the setups talk about mongrel_upload_progress plugin
and/or the mongrel_cluster setup...(I may have missed something :-/)

p.s. mongrel ROCKS!