[Mongrel] win32 problems

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 18:51:23 EST 2006

On 11/27/06, Jamie Orchard-Hays <jamie at dangosaur.us> wrote:
> OK, is there another version recommended that works now? This is a
> very low traffic, internal app, so that's all I need it to work well
> with.

Jamie, you're trying to run the (ruby) gem, which require a compiler
to build the native extensions. For win32 there is a pre-compiled
version that skip the compilation step, but is not officially
released.

I could put them (mongrel, fastthread and mongrel_service) in my web
server and offer as download, but they first must pass a series of
tests, something to avoid you "suing us" due problems on your
"internal, very low traffic" application.

Still, try downloading a (mswin32) gem from rubyforge, last stable
release was 0.3.13.3

Simply put in a terminal/console window:

gem install mongrel -v 0.3.13.3

and select option 2 (mswin32) to install the precompiled one.

I could say we are close to the release, but still a things must be done first.