[Mongrel] [ANN] Mongrel 0.3.17 PR -- Big Work Day, 1.0 RC1 Very Close

Jacob Atzen jacob at jacobatzen.dk
Sat Nov 25 13:49:35 EST 2006

Hello Zed,

Just wanted to let you know that from the testing I've done this release
seems to be very stable on my setup. So far I have been unable to crash
mongrel when using 512 or 128 processors. I'm still experiencing lockups
with 1024 processors though. Additionally it seems something is
still leaking memory when threads get killed. I am seeing processes
eating up to ~95MB with 512 processors and ~170MB with 1024. It does
seem to only grow to somewhere around these sizes and then it stops
leaking. Unfortunately the memory is not freed again as far as I can
tell. But keeping the number of processors low will also keep the memory
usage acceptable.

Anyways, I'm really excited to have a stable mongrel, so thank you very
much!

--
Cheers,
- Jacob Atzen