[Mongrel] Mongrel + Apache 1.3 + OpenBSD

Aleksandar Lazic al-mongrelusers at none.at
Fri Nov 24 07:03:07 EST 2006

Hi,

On Fre 24.11.2006 11:23, Jérôme Loyet wrote:

>Is there a solution to this ? Have I to use fastcgi on openbsd with
>apache ? What solution should I use in my specific case ?

Personally I see 2:

1.)                                                   + --> mongrel
    Apache1 -> SW-LB (e.g.: haproxy, pen, pound, ...) | --> mongrel
                                                         .
                                                         .
                                                      + --> mongrel

2.)                                        +--> Apache1 --> mongrel
    SW-LB (e.g.: haproxy, pen, pound, ...) |--> Apache1 --> mongrel
                                                   .
                                                   .
                                           +--> Apache1 --> mongrel

I would prefer 1.) with haproxy (http://haproxy.1wt.eu/) and you don't
need the apache2 *monster ;-)

With haproxy you can make the balancing on http level or, simplier, on
tcp level ;-)

Jm2c && hth

Aleks