[Mongrel] Mongrel / rails cheap hosting?

Ross Riley riley.ross at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 03:55:29 EST 2006

If you're ok running on a shared server then the ones you said +
textdrive would probably be ok.
I would say that if you're going to be doing anything commercial you
should probably consider a VPS, I personally use Rimuhosting and their
basic VPS is $20 per month.

Shared servers are fine for smaller projects but are vulnerable to
performance fluctuations, in the past I've had mongrel instances
running out of memory completely. At least with a VPS you always have
a stable performance guarantee, which if you've got clients constantly
ringing you is worth paying the extra for peace of mind.

Ross

On 11/20/06, kigsteronline at mac.com <kigsteronline at mac.com> wrote:
> I apologize if this is email is out of place on this list, but I was
> wondering if anyone here can suggest a good / reliable Rails /
> Mongrel hosting solutions?  I need something where I can host
> multiple applications (preferebly with PostgreSQL) for no more than
> $10/ month.  I need fast SSH access and ideally capistrano.
>
> So far I found site5, dreamhost, hostingrails and a2hosting that fall
> into this price point, so if anyone has any suggestions or opinions
> on the above please email me directly.
>
> Thank you,
> Konstantin

Ross Riley