[Mongrel] Mongrel / rails cheap hosting?

Ross Riley riley.ross at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 03:55:29 EST 2006

If you're ok running on a shared server then the ones you said +
textdrive would probably be ok.
I would say that if you're going to be doing anything commercial you
should probably consider a VPS, I personally use Rimuhosting and their
basic VPS is $20 per month.

Shared servers are fine for smaller projects but are vulnerable to
performance fluctuations, in the past I've had mongrel instances
running out of memory completely. At least with a VPS you always have
a stable performance guarantee, which if you've got clients constantly
ringing you is worth paying the extra for peace of mind.