[Mongrel] [ANN] Mongrel 0.3.15 PR -- All The Fixes Good For You

Aleksandar Lazic al-mongrelusers at none.at
Fri Nov 17 10:05:59 EST 2006

On Don 16.11.2006 08:55, Zed A. Shaw wrote:
>On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 09:57:27 +0100
>Aleksandar Lazic <al-mongrelusers at none.at> wrote:
>>I have compared it whith FJS (http://cgjennings.ca/fjs) and it looks
>>for our issue not so fast, but it could also be a implemention
>>problem ;-)
>Hadn't heard of FJS, but the BMH main property I was interested in was
>the ability to feed it sequential chunks and with a slight change still
>find the search string across chunk boundaries.  For example, if two
>packets came in chopped like this:
>Where the | is the break, then most implementations can't detect the
>search string.

If I have understand you right howabout to look into

Grouse Grep => http://www.grouse.com.au/ggrep/

he use the Tuned Boyer-Moore, also a very fast fork() off BM, and a
*extension* method

Self-Tuning Boyer-Moore => http://www.grouse.com.au/ggrep/string.html

If you interesting into the whole *magic* of string matching there are
some links on bottom of the page of FJS with a nice ps ;-)

>That being said, I'm pretty sure the code can be improved on.  If
>anyone can make it faster or better feel free to go ahead.  Just keep
>the properties in the current implementation of being able to feed
>chunks and still find the search string in them arbitrarily.

May be I will look and if I have some comments/questions/... I will
contact you offlist ;-)

It will be take some time because I change my employer.