[Mongrel] [ANN] Mongrel 0.3.15 PR -- All The Fixes Good For You

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Thu Nov 16 08:55:31 EST 2006

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 09:57:27 +0100
Aleksandar Lazic <al-mongrelusers at none.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mit 15.11.2006 18:20, Zed A. Shaw wrote:
> [snipp]
>
> Cool, we have used also the BMH for awffull[1] and was also impressed how
> fast this algo work ;-)
>
> I have compared it whith FJS (http://cgjennings.ca/fjs) and it looks for
> our issue not so fast, but it could also be a implemention problem ;-)

Hadn't heard of FJS, but the BMH main property I was interested in was the ability to feed it sequential chunks and with a slight change still find the search string across chunk boundaries.  For example, if two packets came in chopped like this:

....----asdfas|adfasfd......

Where the | is the break, then most implementations can't detect the search string.

That being said, I'm pretty sure the code can be improved on.  If anyone can make it faster or better feel free to go ahead.  Just keep the properties in the current implementation of being able to feed chunks and still find the search string in them arbitrarily.

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/