[Mongrel] apache -> pen -> mongrel cluster

Jens Kraemer kraemer at webit.de
Tue Nov 14 03:42:16 EST 2006

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 01:22:58PM +1300, Matt White wrote:
> Mark,
>
> In my case, I did that because I don't have Apache 2.2 installed, but I
> wanted to use Apache for vhosting. So, I use the mod_proxy built into Apache
> to route among my various apps and static sites on the machine, and in the
> case of an app with mongrel_cluster I front it with Pen and route the
> requests to Pen and on to mongrel_cluster. Pen is just so easy to use... I

same here, I use Debian stable, Apache 2.0 (because there's no 2.2 in
stable) and Pen as a mod_proxy_balancer replacement.

works great, and I think I'll keep it untill next stable comes out.

If Apache 2.2 would be available in Debian Sarge, I'd use it's
mod_proxy_balancer instead, no question ;-)

Jens

--
webit! Gesellschaft für neue Medien mbH          www.webit.de
Dipl.-Wirtschaftsingenieur Jens Krämer       kraemer at webit.de
Schnorrstraße 76                         Tel +49 351 46766  0
D-01069 Dresden                          Fax +49 351 46766 66