[Mongrel] mongrel_upload_progress question/possible suggestion

Matt White stockliasteroid at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 14:33:51 EST 2006

Brad,

Thanks for the reply... I'm going to do a bit of benchmarking to see how bad
it is. My problem is that in my quest to stay DRY I have a few id's in my
path, and so there really isn't any way to create an array of paths that has
all of the possible combinations (at least, not before it's WAY worse than
using regexes ;). I suppose I could create a controller that does nothing
but handle uploads, though that wouldn't be as DRY.

I didn't see your array testing code in the mongrel_upload_progress 0.2.
That's the bit of code I updated, and I think that's in a different tree
than Mongrel. Am I missing it? If I switch to a different routing layout,
your method may be better, esp if it's faster.

Thanks,

Matt

I'm pretty sure that decision was made for performance reasons... nontrivial