[Mongrel] Setting up Mongrel and Apache , some direction needed

David Vrensk david at vrensk.com
Mon Nov 13 14:17:49 EST 2006

On 11/13/06, Dark Ambient <sambient at gmail.com> wrote:

> One of my problems is I can't find the httpd.conf file for apache.  Sounds
> strange.

I assume then that the init.d or rc.d script that starts apache on boot does
not specifiy a config file, but that apache uses the path that is compiled
in.  The only way I know to find that is to use strings(1).  When I run

    strings /usr/sbin/httpd | grep '^/'

I get
--------
/home/buildcentos/rpmbuild/BUILD/httpd-2.0.52/server/config.c
/dev/null
/etc/httpd
/home/buildcentos/rpmbuild/BUILD/httpd-2.0.52/server/vhost.c
--------

The line "/etc/httpd" is the only line that even looks like a candidate, and
it's correct for me.

HTH,

/David