[Mongrel] mongrel_upload_progress question/possible suggestion

Matt White stockliasteroid at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 02:57:48 EST 2006

Hey all,

First off, thanks to Rick Olson and whoever else was involved with this
plugin... It's been amazingly easy to implement.

I've got a question about the path_info parameter, though... It seems that
unless the request PATH_INFO exactly matches the path_info passed in to the
plugin at inclusion, it won't actually trigger Add and add the upload to the
list of running transfers. I'm assuming that this is for performance
reasons, and makes good sense. However, I'm in a situation where I don't
know the exact path that I will b e uploading from, because of various
routing info in my app.

Thus, the ability for path_info to be a regex instead of just a string, thus
allowing for:

return unless params['PATH_INFO'] =~ @path_info &&
        params[Mongrel::Const::REQUEST_METHOD] == 'POST' &&
        upload_id = Mongrel::HttpRequest.query_parse

Then I just update my handler like so:

uri "/",
  :handler => plugin("/handlers/upload", :path_info =>
  :in_front => true

And everything works fine... It's a super-small tweak, obviously, but I
found that it made it a lot easier for me to use the plugin.

Thoughts? Is there a better way to do this?

Thermal Creative