[Mongrel] OptimizedMutex for Mongrel

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Thu Nov 9 15:07:51 EST 2006

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 09:23:23 -0700
"Kirk Haines" <wyhaines at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/9/06, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >         Yeah at this point I hadn't even considered windows yet. I am not
> > > much of a C coder so I don't know if this optimized_locking extension
> > > will be able to work on windows.
> >
> > Me neither, also was very tired to check the code in deep.
> >
> > I'll contact mentalguy, but I guess the answer will be 'what, windows?' :-P
> I've been testing it with IOWA, too, and so far, so good.  I do think
> it should be fine on Windows if built in an appropriate build
> environment.

I've got it in the Mongrel code and it all tests out.  I think part of the build problems come from mentalguy's use of k&r and c99 semantics in the same code.  GCC can probably handle it but I'm guessing lame as vc2003 can't.

I'll do some work to get it working on win32 and see about a release.  If this works, I'd love to just make it compatible with Mutex and rip that damn thing out.  What do you think Kirk?