[Mongrel] OptimizedMutex for Mongrel

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 00:11:52 EST 2006

On Nov 8, 2006, at 7:07 PM, Luis Lavena wrote:

> On 11/8/06, Ezra Zygmuntowicz <ezmobius at gmail.com> wrote:
>> <snip>
>
> That's good, checked your code but build on win32 failed miserably.

	Yeah at this point I hadn't even considered windows yet. I am not
much of a C coder so I don't know if this optimized_locking extension
will be able to work on windows.

> Because cannot get extension built, could you run this pastie against
> the new locking mechanism?
>
> http://pastie.caboo.se/10194
>
> Thank you Ezra for your time, and thank you for pointing this info.
> Hope we could get it working on Win32 side too. (I'm getting illegal
> use of this type errors in WaitEntry *e)

> --
> Luis Lavena
> Multimedia systems

Hey Louis-

	How did you make the graph? I just ran the test and watched top
while it ran. The memory fluctuated between 2Mb and 7.8Mb. And it
cycled. As in it would grow to almost 8Mb and then drop back down to
2 and grow again. Thats what we are looking for in a good memory
alooc/free pattern right? If you tell me how to make that graph I
will run it again and make one so you can see.

Cheers-
-- Ezra Zygmuntowicz
-- Lead Rails Evangelist
-- ez at engineyard.com