[Mongrel] Best Distro for Mongrel

Will Gant williamwgant at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 23:15:46 EST 2006

HA! I wasn't invoking mongrel from the root of the site. In hindsight, I have no idea why that didn't occur to me.

That fixed it. I figured I was doing something wrong. Now I guess I need to figure out how to get Apache talking to it and how to use multiple mongrels. This morning was pretty crappy, but you have totally made my day.

Will

James Hughes <hughes.james at gmail.com> wrote: On 11/7/06, Will Gant  wrote:

> I then tried the following:
>
> wgant at sauron:/etc/mongrel/sites-enabled$ mongrel_rails start -G test.config
> -e production -l /home/wgant/mongrel.log
> !!! Path to pid file not valid: log/mongrel.pid
> start reported an error. Use mongrel_rails start -h to get help.
> wgant at sauron:/etc/mongrel/sites-enabled$ mongrel_rails start -G test.config
> -e production -l /home/wgant/mongrel.log -p /home/wgant/mongrel.pid
> !!! Path to pid file not valid: log/mongrel.pid
> start reported an error. Use mongrel_rails start -h to get help.
> wgant at sauron:/etc/mongrel/sites-enabled$ mongrel_rails start -G test.config
> -e production -l /home/wgant/mongrel.log -P /home/wgant/mongrel.pid
> !!! Path to docroot not valid: public
> start reported an error. Use mongrel_rails start -h to get help.

Hi,
the paths mongrel is looking for (log and public) are generated
automatically by the 'rails' command. mongrel_rails expects to be
started from the root of the file structure created by this command,
eg:

rails myapp
cd myapp
mongrel_rails start

James

Sponsored Link

Try Netflix today! With plans starting at only $5.99 a month what are you waiting for?