[Mongrel] Best Distro for Mongrel

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Tue Nov 7 15:34:46 EST 2006

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 06:30:22 -0800 (PST)
Will Gant <williamwgant at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I've gone through a lot of extra effort trying to get Mongrel to place nice with Ubuntu. Since I'm at my wit's end trying to get it to work on this distro, I was wondering if anyone could suggest a distribution that makes it easy to set up. Any thoughts?

I do my development on ArchLinux, and was doing original development on Ubuntu.  Others use:

* Solaris (with mkrf patch)
* CentOS
* FreeBSD
* NetBSD
* Win32

There are also Debian specific instructions on the site that should apply to Ubuntu:

http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/debian-sarge.html

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/