[Mongrel] Best Distro for Mongrel

Charles Brian Quinn me at seebq.com
Tue Nov 7 13:46:32 EST 2006

I've been pretty successful with CentOS, but to be honest, I usually
install the dependencies for the ruby/rails/apache/mongrel stack from
source on all my boxen, just so I know what I'm getting into.

My current deployment scripts live here:

http://svn.highgroove.com:8080/deployment/trunk

install_rails.sh

will install ruby, rails, apache2.2.2, mongrel and a few other gems to
get you upto speed.  It then sets you up nice to use a cap recipe file
like the one in that repository as well to run multiple mongrel
clusters on the same box.

patches/suggestions/improvements/tests welcome....

--
Charles Brian Quinn
self-promotion: www.seebq.com