[Mongrel] [ADV] "Mongrel: Serving, Deploying, and Extending Your Ruby Applications" BOOK

philippe lachaise philippe.lachaise at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 15:26:38 EST 2006

Good to know someone's been listening :)

I must admit that having to fill in all this forms about my billing and
shipping address while all I wanted was to download a PDF was overtaxing my
patience.

Publishers must realize they can make unreasonable money with technical
publication about software like Mongrel but they must handle it right.

Developers are willing to pay (To pay ! Yes ! remember  they are used  to
downloading for free !)  for information. They feel good about giving money
for real value. They crave for it, they would kill for it, they would give
up coffee for it , they would...

But for God sake  don't ask them to fill in forms !