[Mongrel] logrotate, mongrel cluster and monit

Joey Geiger jgeiger at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 20:06:51 EST 2006

While I could figure this out, I'm asking here first to see if anyone
has already dealt with/created this. I'm running a mongrel cluster,
running 4 mongrels on ports 8001-4. I'm using capistrano to deploy.
And I'd like to use monit to check to make sure everything is running
nice.

I'd like to have monit restart only single mongrels if they fail, and
also have monit restart the mongrels after logrotate does it's thing.
Any quick suggestions/examples on a script for monit/logrotate?

Thanks

BTW I'm using the following cluster config:
---
prefix: /myAPP
cwd: /web/servers/rails/current
port: "8001"